In December, ESET took Virus Bulletin number 83 – once again, claiming the top award from Virus Bulletin – several competitors failed for either missing threats of false positives.
This particular test took place on Windows 8.1 and there were 44 products tested – most passed and gained the coveted VB100 awards, but here are a list of those that did not pass:
- eScan Internet Security Suite [fail = Wildlist Misses]
- Ikarus anti.virus [fail = Wildlist Misses]
- K7 Total Security [fail = Wildlist Misses]
- Maya PremiumAV [fail = 14 False Positives]
- Msecure MalwareSecure [fail = Wildlist Misses
- Norman Security Suite 10 [fail = 1 False Positive]
- Total Defense Internet Security Suite [fail = 1 False Positive]
Customers running Windows 8.1 can feel confident that ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 will provide industry leading protection from malware, both new and old.